Sue Bedford (MSc Nutritional Therapy)
Beetroots are back in season so why not reap the amazing nutritional benefits they provide (they are a great source of fibre, folate, iron, vitamin C, potassium…and much more) and make this vibrant pink dip to wow your friends with – great as part of a mezze or to take on a picnic.
Roasted beetroot dip
• 6 beetroots (peeled)
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 lemon (juiced)
• 1/2 red chilli (de-seeded)
• 1 & 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp of water
• Pinch of salt & pepper
• 2 tbsp of tahini
How to make:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with foil.
2. Wash and peel the beetroots and slice them in half.
3. Place them onto the lined baking tray and lightly drizzle with oil and whole garlic cloves.
4. Fold over the baking paper to create a parcel and place the beetroots into the middle of the oven and roast/cook for 50-60 minutes until soft. Check them to make sure they aren’t burning or drying out. Add more oil if needed.
5. Remove the beetroots from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool.
IVF BabbleRead More